Medical skin treatments
Medical skin treatments are performed by Emma, a qualified cosmetic nurse with 23 years’ experience.
Offering a wide range of medical skin treatments, designed to help you look and feel your best. From an in-person or online (via FaceTime) skin consultation, to microdermabrasion, chemical peels, needling, LED light therapy, and more – Emma’s treatments are performed using the latest equipment and industry techniques to ensure you leave Canberra Aesthetics with the best possible result.
Medical skin treatments
- Venus Viva – to treat wrinkles, blemishes and acne scars
- Acne treatments
- Skin needling – rejuvenate skin and treat scarring, stretch marks and lines
- Chemical peels – oil control, anti-ageing, hydration, pigmentation
- LED light therapy – mood, healing, eliminate build up and acne
- Coming soon: Plasma replacement therapy
Other facial treatments
- Facial massage – reduce tension, eliminate waste, tone muscles
- Microdermabrasion – improve circulation, drain clogged pores
- Eye release massage – release tension, cure puffy tired eyes
- Facial hair removal – wax and healing LED light
- Face detox wand – drain toxins and treat breakouts
- Galvanic non-surgical face lift – muscle tightening
Special deals and packages
- Ultimate Skin Reveal – A perfect all year round medical facial. You’ll receive a skin consult, cleanse, medical peel, microdermabrasion and LED light treatment.
- Her Canberra Offer – Receive FREE LED light therapy with your microdermabrasion.
- Purchase 4 LED light treatments and receive the 5th and 6th sessions free.
Medical skin peel / Chemical peel
A chemical peel damages the skin in a controlled manner, producing a superficial injury to the skin to promote new healthy cells. As the damage is repaired by the natural healing process, the skin’s appearance is improved.
The depth at which the damage occurs is determined by the nature of the chemicals applied to the skin. Skin problems that respond best to chemical peels are due to chronic sun damage from ultraviolet light – Pigmentation.
Since most skin peels damage the skin, there is a period of recuperation necessary.
A sterile way of removing superficial dead skin cells and encouraging blood flow around the face which aids with skin healing and fresh cell renewal.
Skin needling (42 point needles)
Skin needling is a non-invasive treatment that can make the skin look younger. The procedure can repair imperfections such as wrinkles, dark spots, acne scars, or uneven pigmentation. Skin needling is an alternative to dermabrasion or plastic surgery, and has gained popularity because of its relatively low rate of side effects. It can also be performed quickly, on an outpatient basis.
The Venus Viva is a safe skin rejuvenation method that utilises Nano Fractional Radio Frequency Technology to selectively heat the dermis and initiate collagen remodelling and fibroblast stimulation. … Face and Neck skin tightening. Wrinkles.
LED light therapy
Yellow light encourages healing which assists with most cosmetic skin treatments
Blue light is used for acne vulgaris
Pink light is used for acne vulgaris
Orange and Green helps with pigmentation
Red is used for collagen and elastin build up